The download of this type of elements supposes the capacity to gather information of the activity of the user and has implications in relation to his privacy.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are small files that are downloaded to your computer when you browse websites. A simple example would be when you enter the page of a web email account such as Gmail, Outlook or Yahoo Mail.
Cookies allow a website to recognize the user’s browser and do not contain or collect information. They are used, for example, to keep a user authenticated in an account like the previous ones without it being necessary to authenticate each time you access your account. Another example is advertising, where based on ads that the user has previously visited, they will try to offer more relevant ads.
In Feliu Franquesa we use the following types of cookies:
- Cookies of first parties: they are strictly necessary cookies. They allow the user to interact with the website using all its functions. (Duration between 23 days and 3 months)
- Performance and analysis cookies: these cookies are used for analysis and statistics that improve the website experience. By using these cookies you can show more relevant information to visitors. (Duration between 100 days and 1 year).
Likewise, Google Analytics enables the denominated cookies in the domain of the website:
- “__utma”: it is necessary for the operation of Google Analytics and has an expiration period of 2 years.
- “__utmz”: is used to perform the location of the visit, that is, from where and how the user has arrived at our website and expires after 6 months).
The objective is to collect statistics: the number of visits, the period of consultations, the search engine used to access the website, the keywords used, the overall location of the visitor, the contents visited on the website, as well as other traffic parameters on the website, always from anonymity.
Google stores this information collected by cookies so that no user is identified. Nor is your IP address associated with any other information you have. In addition, Google Inc is a company that is attached to the Safe Harbor Agreement. This agreement guarantees that the transferred data will be treated according to the protection levels of European regulations. To obtain more information about Google Analytics you can go to the following link.
How to deactivate cookies?
All browsers allow changes to be made to disable cookie settings. These settings are located in the “options” or “preferences” menu of your browser.
Then, we leave the links with instructions for different browsers where you will see how to disable cookies.
However, remember that disabling cookies means losing functionality on many websites.
- Instructions for Internet Explorer
- Instructions for Mozilla Firefox
- Instructions for Google Chrome
- Instructions for Safari
If you do not want to be tracked by cookies, Google has developed a plugin to install in your browser, you can access it from the following link.